6.27.2005

Flintstone's Style

We headed down to Racine last weekend for Chris and Lisa's (Huebner) wedding. After the ceremony we had a couple of hours to kill before the reception so Geer, Bridget, Monnie, and I headed over to Applebees for an appetizer and drinks - basically to waste as much time as possible. We stayed a while and when we got back to the car and turned the key... nothing. Battery is only 2 years old... nothing was left on... I guess it just decided that it was too darn hot.

Well, we hooked it up to Geer's car for a jump - no luck. Let it charge longer - no luck. Noticed that there was a Sears on the far end of the mall we were next to with an auto center, so we headed over there for some advice. Basically the advice was: charge it longer. So, we went back and tried again... nothing! The eventual solution was Geer and I pushing the car to the far end of the mall (beats paying for a tow) in our shirts and ties.

We were later voted "best smelling" at the reception.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least it wasn't 95 and humid while you guys were pushing your car. : )

Anonymous said...

95 try 110. I had my battery explode one time when I tried starting my car. Atleast I was at a walmart and they weren't closing for fifteen min

jimhalberg said...

Someone was saying that more explosions would make this a better blog... maybe this counts?