12.20.2005

For the poker players

Up until now I've spared you posts about playing cards, but it's something I do often so it deserves it's time in the spotlight here. Especially since I have a question to ask you (or at least to ask those of you who play).

Question 1: If you finish in 4th you get nothing. If you finish in 3rd or better - you get... well... something.

Do you call here or raise?

Seat 1: Kayamucho (3535)
Seat 4: jjAKQJ10 (650)
Seat 7: jfh_pkr (2185)
Seat 9: thndrshark (1630)
jfh_pkr posts small blind (150)
thndrshark posts big blind (300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to jfh_pkr [ Th, Ts ]
Kayamucho folds.
jjAKQJ10 raises (650) to 650
jjAKQJ10 is all-In.

Question 2: If you finish in 4th you get nothing. If you finish in 3rd or better - you get... well... something.

The two big stacks have been raising every hand (as they should) and the two small stacks have been folding for the last 10 minutes, trying to outlast each other.

NutterGBH isn't in a blind this hand (and hasn't yet acted), but next hand he will be in for 150.

Do you fold, call, or raise?

Seat 3: ReneJak (3061)
Seat 4: fireball166 (3898)
Seat 5: jfh_pkr (837)
Seat 10: NutterGBH (204)
ReneJak posts small blind (75)
fireball166 posts big blind (150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to jfh_pkr [ Qd, As ]

5 comments:

jimhalberg said...

Good point. It would be me that was in BB next hand... although I still had enough chips to pay it - and the small stack would be BB on the following hand.

Anonymous said...

I would fold the first and all in the second.


What did you do?

- Burg

jimhalberg said...

I'm surprised you guys are folding the first one. I already have 150 in and a pair of 10s vs. the small stack?

I am definitely either calling or raising.

I ended up raising the first which I normally wouldn't do... it turned out poorly. The guy I forced out would have won (I would have gotten 3rd). Although, I was 70+% before the flop...

On the second, I actually called and then laid it down to a raise. Eventually took 3rd. As you likely suspected, the low stack was quickly taken out when he was forced to go all-in.

jimhalberg said...

Looks like I've finally found a topic my gambleholic friends enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I play bad cards.