11.02.2006

Movie Night

Monnie and I saw The Departed tonight (you can see the trailer at that link). We both thought it was awesome and definitely recommend it. Of course, you may not want to take the kids: it's a gang movie through and through - crude, politically incorrect (especially at the beginning), and people dropping left and right.

There aren't many movies with a lineup quite like this: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, and Alec Baldwin. Directed by Martin Scorsese.

If you're in the mood for an action flick: it's a great one and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm never disappointed when Mark Wahlberg is on the screen.

Gina said...

Thanks... I know Todd really wanted to see that one.

Leslie Fedorchuk said...

I read a really interesting interview with those guys about the making of this film (Nicolson/Scorcese, et all.) that both attracted/repelled me to the movie. I suspect it is well done...

Eric said...

If you haven't see "Borat" yet, you may want to add that one to your list. Nothing in this world is quite as emotional/meaningful as the forceful acquisition of Gypsy tears on the big screen.