5.27.2007

Meeting The Team

Our first "day at work" was a very good one. I got to meet our teammates, some of whom we've been working with for months, in person. Great to put names with faces - just having a bit of time to actually see and talk to them will help quite a bit with our communication once we're back home.

The day started off with a walk on the beach (something that I hope will be a pretty standard part of my morning given where we're staying). Then on to work where we were greeted by a cook out!

The technology portion of the company has converted a couple of neighboring apartments into an office for the 5 of them. It's not far (15-20 minute ride) from our hotel. Because it's a more "residential" setup it has the luxury of a small courtyard for a grilling area and a really casual feel.

All the people are very young - Not positive but I believe everyone is between 24-30 and have personalities that seem to very closely resemble any normal American that you might bump into in that age group.

After work, Rob and I had dinner overlooking the Mediterranean just a few blocks from our hotel. On our way back home we decided to try out the bar beneath our hotel... turns out it's not a bar! It's a bartending school! That may not actually have been a bad thing though as the instructor decided to give us a couple of free drinks just for visiting -- Apparently we're not the first visitors to make the mistake.

4 comments:

t. said...

After work, Rob and I had dinner overlooking the Mediterranean! Way cool!

t. said...

I'm with Monnie-buy a camera! I can't wait to see all you're seeing.

michael said...

Do you think you will accidentally go to that bar a few more times this week?

jimhalberg said...

Oh?? What!?! I... English? ... um, I'll take a beer?