7.25.2005

Another Great Weekend

We just got done with a very fun weekend in Milwaukee.

Things got kicked off with Nate and Ericka's wedding on Friday. They had perfect weather (especially considering that the rest of the weekend it was either a thunderstorm or 150 degrees) for an outdoor wedding. The War Memorial was a great setting, right on Lake Michigan. They even had fireworks courtesy of Festa Italiana right down the road there! I think everyone had a great time! I don't have any pictures of the wedding but hope to have some at some point - our camera has been behaving poorly but I think Carissa has some that she'll be able to send me (?).

After a late night Friday, Saturday was pretty much a recovery day. We had planned on heading to Festa that evening but ended up with thunderstorms. Actually, that was alright though as we were all feeling pretty lazy. Instead, Monnie, her parents, brother Thomas, and I played a few rounds of Scattergories and ordered some pizza. Sheila, Claire, and Mike came over to work on the wedding programs and Mike put on a hoola hoop exhibition that's definitely worth checking out.

Sunday was another good day. We started making our first calls to get some answers on missing wedding RSVPs. The seating chart is getting put together and we're working towards our "final number". Later we had a 'couples wedding shower', mostly for Monica's side of the family (except my parents and Sheila/Claire) and some friends. I admit that I was somewhat worried about exactly what would go on but it was a great time. Uncle Ric made some awesome Mexican food (I got to request the genre) and everyone really enjoyed staying in the house and away from the incredible heat. I think that's going to have to be the hottest day of the year... it was CRAZY out there. Anyway, we're quite appreciative of all the gifts and it was great to see some people that I hadn't seen in a while. I don't have any pictures of the shower but Sheila has some posted already - check em out!

Big week ahead here: Presentation Thursday and closing Friday!

No comments: