10.02.2005

Relaxing Weekend

We returned today from the last summer trip (first fall trip?) to St.Germain of 2005. As always it was a very relaxing weekend, this time shared with Mike and Steph Fox, Kevin Burg, Monica and I.

The only work of the weekend involved getting the dock and pontoon out of the water. It was probably for the better that we had the work to do as it got us in the water for one last time (surprisingly warm actually). and while Kevin and Mike returned the pontoon trailer, I got to take a lap in the kayak.

When we moved the pontoon there were several bullheads and crawfish (crayfish) scared up that had been setting up camp under there. We had a little fun with them before finishing up the work. Here's one of each up close and personal.







The only casualties were Mike getting stung by a bullhead and Kevin being attacked by a leaping crawfish. I didn't know they could jump as high as this one is in the picture.




Matt (Fritsch) paid us a visit on his way back through from spending the weekend in MN. He got to have his first in-person look at the condo, along with his dogs Goose and Sera. For some reason I feel like I got to see these dogs about 5 times in a 3 month span... but that was a year and a half ago and I hadn't seen them since. Goose is literally 4 times bigger than he was when I saw him as a puppy. He's absolutely massive now.


No comments: