1.10.2006

Ah, that's better

You may recall my rant about Ticketmaster a while back. If I'm going to point out how unpleasant that experience was I should also point out how pleasant my ticket-ordering experience was last night.

I ordered tickets from tickets.com last night. The process was quite convenient yet lacked the massive charges. The tickets were a (fairly) agreeable $29.50 and it was even a presale, so I couldn't get them from the Ticketmaster yet even if I wanted to. All told I bought 8 tickets coming to a total of 298.68. The convenience charge on said tickets: $3. No, not $3 * 8, even... $3 total.

The last time I went through this it was a $10 charge for an $18 ticket. So, let's assume that even though these are more expensive tickets that (out of the kindness of their hearts) they didn't bump up the fee (unlikely). Even then we'd be looking at an extra charge of $77.

tickets.com has somehow managed to not only streamline the process used by ticketmaster.com, but they've actually managed to do $80 of work for only $3! Incredible!

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the David Gray show. The last time we saw him in Milwaukee was one of the top-5 shows that I've been to. I don't think this one will be able to compete with the open air/perfect climate combo the last one had... but I have high hopes anyway.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm looking forward to this concert too. March will be a good month for music... two weeks after David is Coldplay!

Leslie Fedorchuk said...

That concert is getting a lot of talking up here - especially on the public radio station. Sounds grand...as does tickets.com! Thanks for the tip!

Sheila said...

I just found out Mike and I are going to David Gray with you guys. I'm really looking forward to it! Mike gave me a cd to listen to and it sounds like its going to be a great show. Plus the fact that Jim puts Gray's last show in his top 5, I think its going to be a lot of fun.