7.06.2006

Family Reunion

There are a few posts already up and I'll be staying tuned for more, but I'm sure all will come to the same conclusion: what a great trip.

Seeing all the family (115+) was wonderful. About every 5 years someone puts in the incredible amount of preparation and work to get the group together for the meetup. This time we were hosted by Lake Okanagan Resort. Several pools, tennis courts, a beach, condos/villas, restaurants, low key golf course, and great company made the place perfect for the event. Kelowna was gorgeous and who knew that the lake was some 90 miles long!

While waiting for our luggage in Seattle I bumped into a guy that I play ultimate frisbee with... crazy! Monnie and I then went down to check out Pike's Market where we bumped (unplanned) into a friend who now lives in Seattle (crazier still!). I enjoyed Pike's Market but man... I didn't think I was going to get Monnie out of there!





Tim and Fran had already made their exit to Kelowna but were kind enough to let us stay at their place. The view from their 2nd floor is gorgeous.





The entire trip was incredibly scenic but nowhere moreso than the trip to Kelowna from Seattle. We took a very scenic path taking us on a pass through the North Cascades. It added quite a bit of the time to the trip but was well worth it. I would definitely take that drive again.





Kelowna and the resort were gorgeous as well. Tons of fun and family. Lots to do (not the least of which was relax). The resort had tons for all ages and with the group we have, there's never any pressure: just have fun.



No comments: