8.14.2005

Coldplay

Monica, Geer, and I saw a great Coldplay show at Alpine Valley on Saturday night. We met up with Matt (Monica's brother) and a bunch of his friends - they're a really fun bunch which made the pre and post show time (aka. sitting in the parking lot) a lot more fun.

As I said a little earlier: the camera is out of order. So, here's the best I could muster from the camera phone. It isn't exactly the best picture ever taken but it does show you just a little bit of how incredibly huge Alpine Valley is. We actually had very good lawn seats and this incredible amount of people were still in front of us. That said, I had grossly overestimated the size of the crowd. Looking on their site tonight I see that the capacity is 35,000 which is a huge concert venue... but I was guessing way more.

2 comments:

Leslie Fedorchuk said...

The last time I saw Bruce Springsteen was at this venue. I hope they have done something with their ability to get traffic in and out since then...I remember huge traffic lines on the freeway - also remember (vaguely) a lot of mud. Oh, but that was a long time ago.....
I had to go out to Mayfair today for something and drove by the church. Whoo boy - are we excited or what!!!

Leslie Fedorchuk said...

http://paintthetown.blogs.com/paint_the_town/