8.09.2005

RIP Camera

Well, I was going to give you some shiney new pictures of the shiney new condo today but I have other news instead. The old reliable digital camera has finally given out on us. It had gotten to the point where the battery would last about 3 seconds anyway but now the LCD screen has gone out and made it officially done with. I'm sure we could probably get the LCD fixed (and a new battery) but I think it's at the point now where it is just going to be worth it to pick up a new camera.

I know some of you have recently picked up new ones yourselves so I may be asking for some advice. I think my main criteria for the camera are that it's durable and not too big. My absolute favorite attribute of this last one is that I could put it in my pocket and go for a bike ride (or whatever) without worrying about it. The size wasn't cumbersome and at the same time I didn't need to worry about it breaking with some minor bumping around.

Maybe I'll try to borrow one so that you guys can see the progress in the condo... or maybe you'll just have to wait and see the final product!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Funny you should post this right now. Mike just called and told me about a new Casio camera that is supposedly pretty cool. I guess the main feature is that it is tiny and takes nice 'auto' pictures. Here is a link...

http://world.casio.com/exilim/en/ex_s500/

I think I sent you a link to a really good review site when we were buying our new camera, but if you want it again, let me know and I'll dig it up.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the old, faithful camera has given up the ghost. That lasted quite a few years.

Feel free to borrow our camera for awhile. Your condo looks great and deserves to be on the blog and shown off.