9.26.2005

A little painting

Now that I'm armed again (Monica bought a camera for my birthday) I'm thinking of giving you guys a little visual tour of the condo. Here's my first installment:

After another painful Packers loss this afternoon, Monica and I painted our downstairs bathroom. Not that you can complain about a room in your house being too large but this bathroom is kinda out of control, so we went with a darker color (brown) to try to tame it a bit. We've also added a little cabinet, some bamboo blinds, and a couple of small pictures (not in the picture below). I think we're both quite happy with how it's turned out so far.



So, while covering an amazing amount of ground with the paint roller this afternoon I was thinking: I wonder who invented this marvelous invention that is saving the world millions (? at least very high thousands) a year. And why do we not have a national holiday for him or his face on a stamp or something!?! Well, it turns out we don't have a national holiday for him because he was a Canuck! Mr. Norman Breakey not only invented the paint roller but also a better way of tapping beer kegs! Of course, he didn't get anything out of the invention since it was immediately stolen from him.

If anyone's ever deserved to be on currency...

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow, that does look great! I love the color. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your place.

Anonymous said...

The room looks great! What a great color. Do you two hire out?