9.21.2005

A quick update.

First off, the presentation last weekend went well. There were definitely improvements that could have been made but I think all things considered Rob and I were pretty happy with it. It will be nice to have it out of my hair for a while here though. Getting ready for those presentations really wasn't taking too much time... but it will be nice to be able to spend it elsewhere for a bit.

Second (how did I save this for second!?!) it's my birthday! For anyone in the Madison area, Dan McNeil (a friend of mine and co-birthday boy) and I will be headed down to the Nitty Gritty (downtown location) for a few drinks this evening. I know Dan is planning on making it down there pretty early (530) but I think I'll be arriving shortly after 7. I'm hoping that doesn't throw too much of a wrench in the works but hey: it's my birthday I can be late if I want to!

Monnie gave me my gift this morning and we've replaced our digital camera! So, you'll probably get some more pictures out there on the Flickr site soon.



Some changes to the blog:

  • New links: Definitely check out Maighie's blog and Flickr site. and the Roos have a blog now too to discuss their culinary delights!

  • Some of the links on the right here are now being imported from my blogroll (on Bloglines). It's handy to have it automatically updated here, but even more handy on the jameshalberg.com blog where there are many more to be maintained. If you guys want to know what blogrolls are all about definitely post a comment to let me know. They're really handy and I'd love to share...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jim,

What are blogrolls?

Love,
Rob

jimhalberg said...

Let me rephrase that: If anyone other than Rob wants to know about them... let me know.

Sheila said...

Yay! Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you have a great day/night planned. Can't wait to see some new pictures.

I'm also glad to hear the presentation went well. I'd love to know what a blogroll is, and if you think I could use one.

Leslie Fedorchuk said...

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAY TO YOU JIM!!!

Of course I want to know about blogrolls...you are my mentor in this sort of stuff. What kind of presentation did you do - and where in Chicago were you?

jimhalberg said...

The presentation was on AJAX: it's used in Google Maps, Flickr, and some other cool sites that we're starting to see floating around out there.

Actually, you can see our slides and examples at Rob's site.

The presentation was at NoFluffJustStuff which is a national touring conference (we did this one stop). It was at the Sheraton in Arlington Heights.