2.15.2006

NASCAR

Can anyone stop Tony Stewart?

Will Dale Jr return to competition?

Will Jim cancel his Sports Weekly subscription?

The answers to these questions and more are brought to mind by the cover of this weeks Sports Weekly.

Alright, so maybe I didn't put up enough of a fight a couple of years ago when Baseball Weekly changed it's name to Sports Weekly and started publishing football along side baseball. What could it hurt, I thought? I buy the thing for the baseball news but I can't complain about getting football along with it!

Perhaps I should have seen the slippery slope that I was undertaking. This week when the mail was recovered, there it was: an almost all-Nascar front page staring back at me.



Sigh. Well... we'll see how this goes. I may be looking for recommendations on other magazines here shortly though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who are you kidding? I know you like Racin'. Rubbin' is Racin' when youre in it to win it. I know that you saw the 7 getting loose outta turn 3. But really, you've really gotta hand it to that Rick Hendrick Motorsports Pepsicola Pontiac Monte Carlo Bosch Speakers Texaco Havoline Fuel team. They're your winners today, folks. They made her purr like a kitten today and you know they'll be workin hard to have us back in victory lane in time for the Chase.

hahahaha Jim - I know you and Monnie have matching jackets showing your support for the Tide Ride 13 machine.

Hobber

michael said...

All I know is that Matt Kenseth had a commercial where he slashed his own tires. I think this is a poor strategy for racing, but I don't read Sports Weekly.

As for recs, please don't pay for full price for mags when slickdeals has them for 1/10th the price every couple weeks.

jimhalberg said...

Definitely. It's been great!

Check out the new post with the video from MtBohemia!