2.22.2006

Serious Night at the Halberg House

I guess tonight is serious night over here. Monica won't let me get away with anything and I'm getting busted at every turn. It all started when she got home about 5 seconds after me and I got in trouble for not getting the mail yet. Then I got in trouble for trying to cook the taco meat without first defrosting it thoroughly enough. After that I got busted for typing (nonsense) into this blog entry to the rhythm of the Olympics music because "other people want to use the laptop too". Then she discovered that we had received a cardboard tube with a couple of posters from Art.com, the posters have now been removed and the tube has been dubbed the "husband whacker"... it's a hard life.

I didn't get a chance to blog about last weekend yet. We went up to St.Germain with the Foxes and Burgs and had a great weekend. It was -40 (yes, NEGATIVE 40) with the wind chill so there was a lot of staying inside, but the games etc kept things entertaining. The guys did brave the cold and got some snowmobiling in which was a great time. As always the food and company were great.

Other than that, we're looking forward to a full weekend in Milwaukee coming up. I have a conference all weekend. We're going to have a birthday dinner for Thomas (Fritsch) and we're going to head over to the Dan and Anne's wedding reception! Should be a great weekend.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Sorry Jim, you are not going to find any sympathy at this Halberg House. I've been told that its probably your fault enough times for me to believe it by now.

The Husband Whacker is a good idea though. I'll have to go unroll some wrapping paper to get a tube for myself.

Whitney said...

Husband wackers are great to have around. Especially when you have a husband that deserves it. I mean, he's pretty ridiculous sometimes- we still wouldn't have eaten yet had he tried to cook that frozen meat on the stovetop. And, he never gets the mail. I don't even know why I try.
Husband for SALE! Real cheap.

Leslie Fedorchuk said...

Sounds like married life to me....ahhh the wonder, ahhh the mystery, ahhh the reality.....