6.11.2007

Back Home

We made it back home right on time Friday morning. Our transfer in Newark definitely cut it close (due mostly to a completely nonsensical security process), but... we made it - and even more remarkably, so did our luggage.


The only item that didn't make it back properly was my laptop powercord which was taken by security at Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv) who needed to do "more testing". I have no idea why that was necessary but at least it was going to be "on the next plane". So... here I am three days later and still no sign of it -- They (Continental) were supposed to receive it here on two separate occasions since then but it still hasn't come through. My next chance is today at 330PM so I guess we'll hope it comes in then. In the meantime, I haven't been able to use my laptop - which means I can't work. That may not sound like a bad thing... but, in this case, it really is - I'm getting way behind and it's quite annoying. Today I'll have to meet up with Rob to use his power cord...

The trip was great - a wonderful experience and great to meet the people I've been working with remotely up to now. This picture is from the office by the way... not a bad work environment!





One other thing my Mom pointed out to me regarding the size of Israel. I knew it was small but it's funny to see it compared to Lake Michigan like this:




1 comment:

Eric said...

When it comes to size, I think it's one of those glass half full or half empty situations. Perhaps Israel isn't that small, it's just that Lake Michigan is that big?