3.31.2006

Deuces Wild

When it rains it poors - 3 blog postings in 30 minutes... now I can take another week off from updating this bloody thing!

Tonight was the draft for our 'dueces wild' baseball league. The name eludes to a league with 15 participants, each of whom has 2 major league baseball teams. For the most part this is a very obvious game of: what team has the most wins. There are a couple small twists but for the most part: that's it.

I can't quite believe that I got the RedSox at #9. I actually had them #1 on my list - now, I would be the first to admit that had I had the first pick: I might have put a little more thought into who really should be #1, but it definitely shows you that I was NOT expecting them to be still on the board at #9! The rankings I saw beforehand had them at: CBS (5), FOX (1), ESPN (6), USA-TODAY (5).

I was also actually very happy to get the Tigers with my second pick. I had them at #20 on my board and got them at the #22 pick.

The worst picks in my mind were the Mets (3), Cubs (13), and Giants (15). The Mets clearly taking the cake as the consensus "what the heck was that?" pick of the draft.

Best picks, I have to like Bos (9) as the biggest steal. Twins (19) is also a pretty good one, I think.

Color coded picks: Jim, Hobber, Geer

So, without further ado; The order of teams picked
1 New York Yankees
2 Chicago White Sox
3 New York Mets
4 St. Louis Cardinals
5 Atlanta Braves
6 Oakland A's
7 Cleveland Indians
8 Los Angeles Angels
9 Boston Red Sox
10 Milwaukee Brewers
11 Texas Rangers
12 Toronto Blue Jays
13 Chicago Cubs
14 Los Angeles Dodgers
15 San Francisco Giants
16 Philadelphia Phillies
17 Houston Astros
18 Baltimore Orioles
19 Minnesota Twins
20 San Diego Padres
21 Seattle Mariners
22 Detroit Tigers
23 Pittsburgh Pirates
24 Washington Nationals
25 Tampa Bay Devil Rays
26 Cincinatti Reds
27 Arizona Diamondbacks
28 Colorado Rockies
29 Florida Marlins
30 Kansas City Royals

2 comments:

Whitney said...

When I think "Geer," I think "Pink"

michael said...

White Sox and Braves are too high as well. Come on, what have the White Sox ever done? I think Haber got a good deal with St. Louis as well.