3.20.2006

Seeking Alpha

Well, it’s been a whirlwind of a last week but I’ve gone from not having any new employment opportunities on my radar (and not really looking for any) to accepting a new position!

It became official last Friday – 4/7 will be my last day for Smart Solutions (on contract at American Family Insurance) and I’ll be starting up right away (4/10) at Seeking Alpha. Seeking Alpha is going to be a great company to work with and I’m finding myself more and more excited at the prospect everyday.

Many changes will come along with it…


Mac laptop:

over PC workstation :




Coding in Ruby: instead of Java:.




Working from home:
instead of the office:




Working on a very small team:

v. working in a very large department:




working with Rob:


instead of working with Rob:

(ok, some things seem to never change).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its going to be a lot of fun. I thought I learned a lot in the last year, but I have a feeling the next year or two will make last year look like nothing...

Anonymous said...

Sounds excellent! Love the fact that the cool companies use Macs.

Sheila said...

Congrats! I like the picture before and afters. Very fun.

michael said...

Strong work bro. I looked at the Alpha web site but I'm still not sure what it is about, details..details.

Whitney said...

This is really exciting.

Anonymous said...

congrats jimmy! sounds really fun. -emily

Leslie Fedorchuk said...

Great news Jim - If you're happy, I'm happy!

Anonymous said...

As a regular reader of Dooga Dooga, I am disapointed in the lack of fresh postings as of late.