4.01.2007

Deuces Wild

If you don't remember the "Deuces Wild" league from last year (here and here): The idea is that there's 15 guys - each get 2 baseball teams. Whoever ends up with the most wins when those two teams are combined - wins.

Very simple and low maintenance.

I'm not as crazy about my teams as I was last year but I think I turned out pretty well. I had the WhiteSox listed at #5 on my list so getting them at #9 was great. I also had Detroit listed at #6... so I did debate taking them when they were still on the board as well.

For my second pick: I had the Marlins #22 on my list and sure enough my top 21 teams were all taken. Not a disappointment though - the Marlins are always a team that's ready to surprise people which is exactly what you're hoping for that late in a draft like this.

Here's the whole list (mine in red).

1. New York Mets
2. New York Yankees
3. Boston Red Sox
4. St. Louis Cardinals
5. Cleveland Indians
6. Minnesota Twins
7. Los Angeles Dodgers
8. Los Angeles Angels
9. Chicago White Sox
10. Detroit Tigers
11. Philadelphia Phillies
12. Milwaukee Brewers
13. Chicago Cubs
14. Toronto Blue Jays
15. Oakland Athletics
16. San Diego Padres
17. Arizona Diamondbacks
18. Atlanta Braves
19. Texas Rangers
20. San Francisco Giants
21. Houston Astros
22. Florida Marlins
23. Cincinnati Reds
24. Seattle Mariners
25. Colorado Rockies
26. Pittsburgh Pirates
27. Baltimore Orioles
28. Kansas City Royals
29. Tampa Bay Devil Rays
30. Washington Nationals

2 comments:

michael said...

There was not much left when you picked the Marlins. It would have been nice to get the Astros though.

Anonymous said...

good luck, brah. We'll see how you do without the beginner's luck!

Hobs